- Are you torn between the excitement of start-ups and the stability of corporate life?
- Are you curious, and do you want to keep learning whilst getting real business building experience?
- Are you looking for a role that will give you huge exposure into how a tech company is built, and be supported while taking ownership of work that matters?
If this sounds like you and you are up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high-energy, entrepreneurial and value-adding graduate talent to join Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s most successful venture builder.
We’re a venture builder. At Blenheim Chalcot, we invest more than just funds. We invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and infrastructure. Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries being disrupted by digital including FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. We are highly entrepreneurial and seek opportunities where digital technologies can disrupt major markets - ventures we have built range from ClearScore to Agilisys and AVADO to even the Rajasthan Royals cricket team.
Each of the 20 companies currently in our portfolio has been conceived and launched by us, and we employ over 3,000 people. Our assets under management stand at more than £1.5bn and total portfolio revenue is over £500 million.
We will increasingly work closely with investment and strategic partners ranging from Paypal, FIS, L&G, Tencent, Experian, Google, WorldPay, Imperial College and some of the leading venture capital and private equity companies internationally.
Our team, Venture Builder Services (VBS), exists to support our ventures to be successful quickly, sustainably and with access to the best practice tools, solutions and expertise. We provide a range of services to help new business get off the ground, including technology, growth (marketing and sales), talent, finance, legal and tax.
Impact Beyond Profit
15% of our partnerships and ventures are charities. These are the British Asian Trust, The Royal Foundation and Onside Youth Zones. In the same way that we support our ventures, our Partners provide direct hands-on support to the charities through sitting on the boards and much more.
THE GRADUATE OPPORTUNITY
We are launching our 2022 Graduate Programme. Joining Blenheim Chalcot as a Graduate you will gain hands on experience in a fast-paced and progressive environment, and will support us in building our next generation of tech businesses. You will also embark on a unique learning programme, designed by our very own learning business, BC RedTeam, helping you develop and grow your entrepreneurial toolkit. This opportunity will kickstart your career working across a range of fields including analytics, strategy, marketing and sales, within a pioneering industry.
For you as a graduate, this opportunity involves:
- Working for a BC Company – we’re offering a permanent graduate role within one of our start-ups where you will gain invaluable, tangible experience to actually develop your career within the industry.
- Training & Development – we pride ourselves on having an intentional and continuous learning culture at Blenheim Chalcot. Our L&D programmes focus on solving real business problems in the face of high uncertainty and rapid change. With this, you will develop fundamental hard and soft skills, improve strengths, and harness new capabilities. As such, your ability to impact venture success will be amplified by access to shared learnings from leaders across the portfolio, your peer group and the centrally located Venture Builder Services team. You will learn by ‘doing’; the most effective approach to develop quickly.
- BC Build for Graduates – you will be enrolled on a two-year intensive cross-portfolio L&D programme which will teach you the foundations of what makes a great business, and how to go about building one. Following a series of modules covering digital disruption, innovation, leadership and finance, you will then get involved in an in-depth venture building challenge. This will be an opportunity to apply your learnings by creating a real-life business plan, leveraging the BC portfolio and investment criteria, which you will then pitch back to our founders.
- Accountability – in large corporates it can be easy for a graduate to be swallowed up and not actually see the impact of the work they’re producing or feel like they’re accountable for anything tangible. In our environment at BC, this is quite the opposite. Our graduates will gain huge exposure into how a tech company is built and be supported whilst taking ownership of work that matters with transparency.
ARE YOU BC?
We’re not expecting you to have worked in start-ups before or to have studied a tech related degree. For us, it is about hiring the right person and their potential, not just their experience. As such, we’re looking for graduates from any discipline – different areas of expertise are great for new perspectives.
We look for some key fundamentals in people when hiring into the BC Group. We look for people who are:
- Curious – people in BC are inquisitive, they want to understand ‘why’ and consider if there is a better approach rather than take on the ‘it’s how we’ve always done it’ perspective. Given our ethos is all about disrupting industries with new methods and products, curiosity is at the heart of what we do.
- ‘Doers’ – surprisingly this isn’t a given in a lot of working environments; we are a community of pro-active self-starters. We will provide full support to our graduates, though we do look for people who can use their initiative and drive on a daily basis. Working in an environment where everyone has this trait is incredibly refreshing and we strive to maintain it.
- Flexible Mindset – working in a growth business environment is ambiguous, diverse and, at times, chaotic by definition. Being adaptable and recognising the importance of flexibility to add value in a constantly evolving company is vital for us.
- Passion – you do not need to be a ‘techy’ at heart to work in our environment. What we are looking for though, is people who are passionate about what digital is doing to industries and a thirst to work in a pioneering sector which represents said motive. A passion for doing things new and challenging makes coming into work a whole lot more fun.
- Humble & Sociable – building a tech start-up is never easy. As such, we have a ‘no-ego’ policy and seek out people who bring energy to a team, not drain it. We have a down-to-earth and personable culture, we solve complex problems but don’t take ourselves too seriously and look to have fun whilst doing so.
If you see yourself in this and would like to work with similarly minded people, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Be part of the UK’s leading digital venture builder and have the opportunity to be a part of and learn from the incredible talent in BC
- Be exposed to the right mix of challenges and learning and development opportunities, including secondments and the opportunity to move around VBS or/and its ventures
- A fun and open, if a little cricket obsessed, atmosphere
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Benefits: Private Medical and Dental, Gym Subsidiaries
APPLICATION & PROCESS
If you are keen to apply, you will need to submit your CV and answer 3 questions (max. 250 characters per question) outlining why you are interested in the graduate opportunity here in the group and what makes you a suitable candidate.
Those questions will be:
- Why do you think you would be suitable to work in a start-up environment?
- At BC we’re curious people. Tell us in a few lines about a time during work/university where you found a better way of doing something.
- Tell us briefly about your biggest personal or work achievement?
APPLICATIONS FOR 2022 ARE NOW CLOSED